The download of the video conference apps have increased significantly in March as people being locked down due to COVID-19 Pandemic. Zoom is one of the most popular apps, its download has surged from 4 mil+ in February to 26mil + in March.
Zoom offers a basic plan which is free to users with features below (from Zoom's website).
- Host up to 100 participants
- Unlimited 1 to 1 meetings
- 40 mins limit on group meetings
- Unlimited number of meetings
- Ticket Support
- Video Conferencing Features
- HD video,HD voice, Active speaker view, Full screen and gallery view, Simultaneous Screen Share, Join by telephone call-in, Virtual Background
- Web Conferencing Features
- Desktop and application sharing, Personal room or meeting ID, Instant or scheduled meetings, Chrome & Outlook plug-ins, Scheduling w/ Chrome Extensions, MP4 or M4A local recording, Private and group chat, Host controls, Raise hand
- Group Collaboration Features
- Breakout Rooms, Mac, Windows, Linux, iOS and Android, Group messaging and presence, Screen share any iPad/iPhone app, Co-annotation on shared screen, Keyboard/mouse control, Whiteboarding, Multi-share
- Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption, AES 256 bits encryption
There are other 3 plans, Pro, Business & Enterprise which offer more features to suit your needs.
Here is the Zoom Phone App overview.
Sources: Zoom, Youtube